School Closure Procedure
19th March 2020
The Government announced on March 18th that all schools will close on March 20th. Lessons will be suspended as well as any government statutory assessment procedures.
In order to support the economy schools can stay open only to those who are classes as
- Vulnerable:Looked after children, children with an EHCP and children with social care involvement
- Children of 'key workers':Yet to be defined but noted as adults who have a significant role in supporting the Government drive to reverse the affects of CORVID-19. The specific roles will be announced on March 20th.
For children who are continuing to come into school, the school day will start at 9.00am and finish at 3.00pm. Children are not expected to wear school uniform
On Friday 20th March we will do the following:
- Make contact with 'Key Worker' families and offer school provision
- Close the school doors to all children who do not fall into the above categories
- Send home PE Kits and medication of these children
- Provide parents with home learning packs which includes resources, a book, a pencil and ruler
- Provide parents with an email address that will aid communication with teachers about home learning
- Provide parents with an email address that will aid communication with Senior Leaders about concerns
- Provide parents with home learning guidance and expectations
- Address all the children about the closure and provide guidance and reassurance
- Active the home learning pages and start to upload lessons.