Information for parents - Eco/Gardening Club
Information for Parents Eco / Gardening Club
The Club will be held on Thursday of each week from
15.15 - 16.15 hrs.
Team members should bring Wellingtons or footwear suitable for wet muddy conditions.
How parents can help:
· Ensure your child has correct footwear
· Pick up on time
The Club will be holding a Climate Week on 21 – 27 March.
· Tree planting
· Spud planting
· Eco Assembly held by the Eco Team
· Mini Challenge to help create a low carbon future.
If you can help the Eco/Gardening Club requires the following:
· Seeded potatoes. If you have any rooted potatoes and would like to recycle them into our planter they would be greatly appreciated (needed in time for the Climate Week).
· Gardening Gloves (child size) we are very short of these items.
· Hand tools – All the old ones are worn out.
· Any kind of shrub, plant, tree suitable for our grounds.
· Assistance – We have some heavy work to do near the bottle greenhouse in building a vegetable patch with a fence round it. Or come and help in the club occasionally (be willing to get muddy and wet though).
· Bird boxes, hedgehog houses in fact anything for bugs birds or hairy things.
· Volunteers to participate in a Spring Clean of the school one Saturday in April. Activities will be washing & jet washing the outside of the school. A bit of sprucing up the quad (gardening) & generally having a good gab with tea & biscuits supplied by me Mr T. (full families welcome but you must supervise your own children) Drop me a note or call in on me if you would like to participate.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Eco/Gardening Club Team Leader